Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recipe for Seafood Salad

I used to make crab salad with artificial crab until I found out I had celiac disease.  I was shocked to find out that artificial crab usually has wheat in it.  I decided it was time to make a seafood salad, and I would just have to save my pennies and buy a can of real crab meat for it.  It was worth it.  Here is the recipe:

2/3 package Tinkyada Spiral Noodles
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup sliced olives
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
6 oz. can crab meat (Remember:  Artificial crab likely contains wheat.)
6 oz. can shrimp
3/4 cup mayonnaise, or more as needed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Horseradish sauce, to taste
Garlic salt, to taste

1.  Boil the gluten-free noodles in water until tender, about 15 minutes.  Drain noodles and place in serving bowl.

2.  Prepare sliced vegetables and olives.  Add to noodles.

3.  Open and drain cans of shrimp and crab. 

4.  Combine mayonnaise with Parmesan cheese and horseradish.  Stir mixture into noodles and vegetables, along with the shrimp and crab.

5.  Sprinkle garlic salt over salad, to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment