Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Come What May, and Love It"

Life brings a lot of twists and turns, and celiac disease is no exception.  Our quality of life can be greatly impacted by our attitude.  Joseph B. Wirthlin once said, "Come what may, and love it.  I do believe that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life." 

Along with a positive attitude, I have found exercise and proper nutrition to be greatly important for both my mind and my body.  Our health insurance association started a program that has helped my motivation to exercise.  If we exercise 5 days a week for a half hour, and complete a personal challenge (such as drinking more water, or eating a food with antioxidants with each meal), we can get $25 each month.  I have the hardest time drinking enough water.  I tend to get busy during the day and I forget.  This challenge helped me.  Even though I fell short (by 3 days) meeting the challenge and getting the money, I still improved greatly in this area and it was worth it.  I decided to try it again with a new challenge, with the idea that even it I don't quite make the goal, at least I am improving.

So..."come what may, and love it!"  Since we have to deal with celiac disease, we may as well learn to eat a gluten-free diet happily.  Let's get after our goals and choose to react in a positive way.  Let's go after something exciting and fun. Think of something to look forward to, like making a new bread recipe from my cookbook.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment