Thursday, May 5, 2011

Two Gluten-free Product Reviews

(Photo source:  amazon.com)


When I was signing cookbooks in Utah, I saw a lady walk by with her shopping cart full of these Caesar's Stuffed Shells, and the cereal pictured below.  She bought every package the health food store had.  I decided it might be worth a try to see if our health food store owner would order both so I could try them.  The stuffed shells were fun to try; I haven't had anything like them since I have been on a gluten-free diet.  I would rate them 3 out of 5.  The cheese stuffing was very mild, and I longed for a richer, fuller flavor.  The pasta was good, though the edges burned--even though we cooked them only for the 7 minutes listed on the package.  The marinara sauce was a bit sour. 

The cereal is quite tasty.  I think I like it plain better than with milk.  It has a great maple flavor, so I would rate the cereal 4 out of 5.  It is nice to know that I am getting a little more food value in a cold cereal than some of the other cold cereals I have been eating.  :) 


(Photo source: naturespath.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment