Saturday, July 20, 2013

Product Review of Pagodas Quinoa Pasta

I made a pasta salad (see recipe from my blog posts labeled "delicious gluten-free recipes") with Pagodas Quinoa Pasta.  I was surprised that I liked it since I am partial to Tinkyada pasta.  I am rating it at 7 out of 10.  Quinoa is a healthy choice.  Here is a recipe from my cookbook for macaroni salad that would also work well with Pagodas Quinoa Pasta:

Macaroni Salad

½ package Pagodas® Quinoa Pasta or Tinkyada® Elbow Noodles
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon garlic salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)
½ onion or 2 green onions, chopped
2 hard cooked eggs, diced
1 dill pickle, finely diced

  1. Cook elbow noodles until tender.
  2. Combine mayonnaise with vinegar, mustard, sugar, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl and add to drained noodles.
  3. Add celery, onion, eggs, and pickles to sauce and noodles and stir well. Mix well again before serving.

Serves 5 to 7 

Just remember to make the amount of pasta salad that you can eat in one day, because I have found that every brand of gluten-free pasta I have tried becomes stale and stiff the next day (unless it is covered by a creamy sauce).

(Photo source:  amazon.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment