Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Sacrament/Communion

Today I was reflecting on how wonderful it is to partake of the sacrament and to know that one of the deacons will bring gluten-free bread to our pew.  We arrive for church early enough to sit in the same area of the chapel each week.  Those people sitting in the surrounding area also end up eating gluten-free bread, but they don't seem to mind.  Our meetings begin at 9:00 a.m., so I bring two slices of Udi's Whole Grain Bread instead of getting up early to make homemade rolls or bread.  When our meetings begin at 11:00 next year, I will likely bring gluten-free rolls or bread.  Several people have told me in the past that they would sit near us so they could have the gluten-free rolls (see page 37 of my cookbook) or bread (see page 42 of my cookbook) that I made for the sacrament.  One mother said her son grabbed a whole handful of the gluten-free bread and she had to stop him and limit him to one piece.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment