She loved the cream cheese variation. I hope you will check it out and try this recipe. My 11-year-old begged me last night to make rolls more often. Now that school has started, I think I will try to make rolls every Friday morning so they will be fresh and she can use them for cold lunch. We have little or no gluten-free food in our school lunch program here, so if you are like me, you are making muffins or bread often to keep your child with celiac disease from going hungry at lunchtime.
After you make my rolls, try my pumpkin muffin recipe. My two gluten-free eaters and those in our home who can eat food with gluten are all equally in love with the moist, smooth flavor of these muffins. This recipe produces a large number of muffins because it is hard to find the smaller cans of pumpkin in the store, so I gear it to the larger can. Just freeze the leftover muffins, if you have any. :)
1¾ cups cooking oil
29-ounce can pumpkin
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups brown rice flour
1½ cups tapioca flour
½ cup sorghum flour
¼ cup corn flour
½ cup potato starch
4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
12-ounce package milk chocolate chips (optional)
- This recipe is large enough to make both bread and muffins. The bread and muffins freeze well.
- Combine eggs, oil, pumpkin, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg, mixing well.
- Add brown rice flour, tapioca flour, sorghum flour, corn flour, potato starch, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix only until combined.
- To make bread, grease pans (8½ x 4½ x 2¾ inches) and bake at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- To make muffins, spoon into greased muffin tins, about ¾ full. Bake for 26 minutes at 400°F.
Makes 24 muffins plus 2 small loaves of bread
Tip: The following pan sizes are recommended for gluten-free bread recipes (measurements refer to the inside of the pan at the top edge): 8½ x 4½ x 2s inches or 7¼ x 3s x 2¼ inches.