Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review of Betty Crocker Asian Chicken Helper: Chicken Fried Rice

Since my dad is not well and I was with him all day, when I got home yesterday I needed something quick to go with my Parmesan Pork Chops (see this recipe in my cookbook...I think you will love it!).  I decided to try Betty Crocker's gluten-free Chicken Fried Rice.  I used one pork chop and cut it up for the rice, instead of getting chicken out of the freezer. The preparation was easy, but the smell while it was cooking caused our kids to complain. 

It was salty.  My son made some quick rice in the microwave in case we needed more rice for the hungry teenagers.  We ended up adding a cup or so of the plain unsalted rice to the mix.  It helped.  We rated it at about a 6 or 7 out of 10.  It is kind of nice to have something gluten-free from a box when you are in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment