Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Review of Sun Flour Mills GF All Purpose Flour; Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookie Recipe

(Photo Source:  http://www.sunflourmillsidaho.com)


A while back, I made gluten-free bread using this mix from Sun Flour Mills.  It was truly delicious and I was amazed at how beautiful the loaf of bread was.  I would highly recommend it.

Recently, my husband went to an activity with the Scouts in our area and they had chocolate chip cookies with Craisins for a treat afterwards.  He told me the cookies were quite tasty and asked if I could adapt the recipe to make it gluten-free so I could try them.  I decided to try the gluten-free all purpose flour mix from Sun Flour Mills and substituted it directly for the amount of regular flour.

The cookies were quite good.  We enjoyed them...and I had to hold myself back from eating more than my quota.  The only downside was that they were just a tiny bit grainy.  I also found the cookies to be a little dry, so I will try the recipe again sometime with either 1 1/2 sticks of butter or 2 sticks of butter. 

Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies

1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups Sun Flour Mills Gluten-free All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup Craisins

Stir together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.  Add gluten-free flour mix, baking soda, chocolate chips, and Craisins.  Mix thoroughly.  Grease cookie sheet.  Scoop out cookie dough by using an ice cream scoop and then flatten dough slightly with the back of a spoon (my husband's idea...and it worked great!).  Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.  Leave cookies on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes.

Yield:  29-30 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment