Friday, September 28, 2012

Gluten-free Whole Grain Bread Recipe

I am sorry to say that I found an error in this recipe in the first edition of my cookbook.  I am not sure whether I did it or my publisher, but it lists brown rice flour twice.  So...please forgive me and make this bread recipe and you will love it.  I love how healthy it is with the whole grains, like teff and sorghum flour.  It has a nice light texture because of the eggs.


Whole Grain Bread

1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup sorghum flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
¼ cup potato starch
⅛ cup amaranth flour
⅛ cup teff flour
¼ cup ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 eggs, beaten
2 additional egg whites
2 tablespoons honey

  1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
  2. Sift dry ingredients, if needed. Combine brown rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, amaranth flour, teff flour, flax seeds, salt, xanthan gum and yeast.
  3. Add water, cooking oil, vinegar, eggs, and honey and mix well until lumps disappear.
  4. Spoon dough into one greased 8 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 5/8-inch loaf pan.
  5. Turn oven off and place pan in oven for 60 minutes to allow bread dough to rise.
  6. Without removing bread pan, set oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 40 to 43 minutes.

Makes 1 loaf



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sue...I'm going to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Keep it up! This is a good read. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about gluten free whole grain. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about gluten free whole grain.
    Whole-grain products can be identified by the ingredients list. Typically, if the ingredient lists "whole wheat," "whole meal," or "whole corn" as the first ingredient, the product is a whole-grain food item.

    gluten free whole grain has no chemical additives, no preservatives, GMO free, no milk, no egg and Kosher Certified.

    ReplyDelete