Saturday, November 10, 2012

Product Review of Mom's Place Gluten Free Luscious Lemon Squares

These lemon squares are quite tasty.  I love the tart lemon taste, but both of my daughters and my son puckered a little and they feel the lemon squares are too sour.  My husband shocked us all since he is very opposed to sour foods, and he loves the taste.  Pretty amazing.  Eight out of ten is my rating for this product.

The preparation was easy and quick.  The first step is to prepare the crust and bake it.  Here is a photo of the crumbs.  It kind of made me nervous because the butter didn't mix in with the crust mix to become a creamy texture.  It looked like coarse crumbs.




Yet, when I pressed the crumbs into the baking pan, it combined together easily.



I baked the crust and I took it out at 18 minutes instead of the 20 minutes specified--probably due to the dark baking pan I used.  The next step was to add the sugar mix from a separate packet enclosed in the bag, to which I mixed in eggs and water.  I poured it over the slightly-cooled crust and baked it the full twenty-five minutes.



As you can see, the crust was a bit crumbly, but mostly just on the first piece out of the pan--which is tricky to remove.  Mom's Place Gluten Free scores again!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment