Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Recipe for Broccoli Salad

Broccoli is so good for us, so it always nice to have a recipe to bring broccoli into meal time.  However, I can't say that the mayonnaise in this recipe is especially healthy, but the last time I made it I reduced the mayo down a bit and used almond milk to thin it and it worked well.  I also added about 1/4 cup of blueberry and pomegranate Craisins and 1/4 cup cashews and I loved the flavor these brought into the salad.  The recipe below is from my cookbook.  I hope you enjoy it...and I hope you will try adding the Craisins and cashews into the salad. :)


Broccoli Salad

1 large bunch of broccoli, diced
½ cup raisins
⅛ cup bacon pieces
½ cup sunflower seeds
⅛ cup red onions, diced
½ cup mushrooms
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup sugar
3 tablespoons milk or soy milk
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar

  1. Chop broccoli into small pieces.
  2. Add raisins, bacon pieces, sunflower seeds, red onions, and mushrooms.
  3. Make a salad dressing by mixing mayonnaise, sugar, milk and vinegar together. Add to broccoli mixture.

Serves 6 to 8



No comments:

Post a Comment