Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Favorite Green Drink...and Purple Drink...and Orange Drink :)

In my cookbook, I have a recipe entitled Orange Cream Smoothie (see below).  If you have ever had an Orange Dream Machine from Jamba Juice, you will know why I worked at trying to imitate it since those smoothies are delicious. This is my favorite orange drink. :)

A friend of mine gave me her wonderful recipe for a green drink...and everyone loves it!  Since green drinks have become a part of our healthy new diet, I make her recipe a few times a week.  I altered it a little bit because we like it a little sweeter (thus the honey), and I switched out almond milk for one of the cups of water.  I also increased the fruit concentrate from 1/4 can to 1/2 can.

The purple drink recipe is based on the green drink recipe and I tinkered with it because I was trying to get more berries into our diet.  I love how it turned out. I didn't realize that the juice concentrate I picked out at the grocery store had corn syrup in it.  I will look for a 100% fruit concentrate when I try it the next time.  We love the smooth combination of ingredients.  Enjoy!


Orange Cream Smoothie

4 cups vanilla soy milk
½ can orange juice concentrate
½ cup sugar
¼ cup powdered milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ice cubes

Combine in a large blender using high speed for 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and sugar dissolves.

My Favorite Green Drink

½ can Dole Orange-Peach-Mango Fruit Concentrate
1 cup vanilla almond milk
2 cups water
2 T. honey
1 cup fresh spinach or kale
1 apple
½ stalk of celery
1 banana

Remove core from apple and remove spine from kale (it is bitter).  Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for about 3 minutes, or until spinach or kale is smooth.



My Favorite Purple Drink

½ can Hawaii’s Own Guava Raspberry Frozen Concentrate
1 cup vanilla almond milk
2 cups water
1 T. honey
1 cup fresh spinach or kale
1 cup frozen berries
1 banana

Remove spine from kale (it is bitter).  Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for about 3 minutes, or until spinach or kale is smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment