Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review of Glutino Gluten Free Toaster Pastry

I seldom bought toaster pastries before I found out I had celiac disease because of the expense and lack of nutrition.  However, when I saw gluten-free toaster pastries in our grocery store, I bought them.  I suppose it is because I haven't seen any gluten-free toaster pastries since our diagnosis and haven't eaten one for so many years.  I knew it would be fun for our teenage son and daughter to try them, also.

I am rating them at 7 out of 10.  The strawberry flavor was good, but just a little bit tart.  We wondered where the frosting was on the top of the toaster pastries and we wish Glutino would have added the sweetness of frosting to offset the tart strawberry flavor.  The texture was slightly dry and pasty. But overall the flavor was good and it was fun for us to try something new.

I appreciate how many gluten free products are available in our grocery stores and health food stores, and this is no exception.  It helps us to feel like we are not alone in this journey when new products are developed.  :)


(Photo source:  www.glutino.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment