¾ cup sugar
¼ cup pineapple juice
½ cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
½ teaspoon salt
4 to 5 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut in strips
¼ cup cornstarch
- Combine sugar, pineapple juice, cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and salt and simmer in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, dip chicken in cornstarch or shake the chicken in a bag with cornstarch. Fry the chicken in cooking oil until browned and cooked through.
- Pour heated sauce over chicken and heat until sauce is slightly thickened. Chicken can also be fried until browned, placed in a casserole dish, covered with sauce, and baked at 350ºF for 50 to 60 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6
1½ cups white rice
1½ cups brown rice
6 cups water
½ teaspoon crushed garlic
3 green onions
ground ginger, to taste
garlic salt, to taste
onion salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour a thin layer of cooking oil across the bottom of the dish.
- Pour rice and water into dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- When rice is cooked, pour small amount olive oil in large non-stick frying pan or wok until the bottom of pan covered.
- Add crushed garlic, eggs, and chopped green onions and stir together.
- When scrambled, add the cooked rice, ginger, garlic salt, and onion salt.